Saturday, 21 August 2010
Andy Warhol in New York, 1964 with "Brillo Boxes"
How do you tell a real Warhol from a fake? See this interesting article about art and money and a scam allegedly involving fake Warhols:
Levy, Adrian & Scott-Clark, Kathy (2010) "Box of Tricks", Guardian Weekend, 21st August, pp24-30
The contenders for the next commission to install a work on Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth have been announced:
* Katharina Fritsch: giant blue cockerel, "Hahn/Cock" (pictured)
* Hew Locke: replica equestrian statue with accessories,"Sikander"
* Jennifer Allora & Guillermo Calzadilla: pipe organ
* Brian Griffiths: battenberg cake made of bricks
* Mariele Neudecker: "It's Never Too Late and You Can't Go Back"
* Michael Elmgreen & Ingar Dragset: golden boy on rocking horse
See feature in Guardian and comment by Adrian Searle.
See images of all proposed works here.